During my morning meditation today, I became aware that I do not need to worry, hurry, or fear. No matter what I plan or do not plan; I am able to make course corrections as I go. Nothing that I do is written in stone. Each day, each hour I make choices. I decide to “Do or do not” (as Master Yoda said). The only thing I have to know is that each decision I make will create a new course or even a new cause – as in cause and effect for others.
Three points to remember when letting things slide:
- Does this really need done right now or can I reschedule?
- Who will be affected if I change my plans today?
- Does a change of action increase the value of my life or the life of another?
Each question for me is valid and important. So OK, what happens for instance if I don’t clean up the kitchen.
- dirty dishes cannot be hidden in a galley kitchen
- dirty dishes can add to the over-all clutter of our one room home
- this might affect the timeliness of preparing other meals for the day
- neither of us will enjoy a home cooked meal if there are not dishes to work with or room to do so
That’s an easy example but one that pops up quite often since doing dishes is not something I enjoy.
What have you put off or re-planned today? Did it make a difference for you or others AND did the change create happiness for you?
Now back to my spinning wheel. Yes a change in plan for me.
(* the picture is not from my kitchen. Click on the picture to go to the link source)